Sunday 8 May 2011

Almost Summer

It turned out a lot nicer today than forecast and everything has started to grow after the rain over the last few days.  In the foreground Jerusalem artichokes.  This is the first time I've grown them and need to look up what to do next.

This end of the allotment is looking a bit too smart.  My latest bed on the left for a red current bush my allotment neighbour gave me. It certainly looks better for widening out the plot to the boundary. Maybe this time next year the black plastic will have all gone.

Earthed up Potatoes.  I think I always end up planting the rows too close but I had so many tubers to plant this year I had to squeeze them in somewhere.

These strawberries are in their second year and hopefully will have a bumper crop .

No comments:

Post a Comment